Getting into a car accident can be jarring, even more so when the other person flees the scene. This is known as a hit-and-run accident, and it is incredibly unpleasant to pull over and realize the other party has not done so. If you have been involved in a car accident and the other person drives off without following proper protocol, you may be feeling incredibly frustrated, stressed, and angry at the prospect of not being able to hold the guilty party responsible for his or her actions. This is why it is essential you do your part to protect yourself by documenting as much evidence as possible, reporting the incident immediately, and reaching out to a Reno car accident lawyer you can trust--such as ours at Fahrendorf, Viloria, Oliphant & Oster L.L.P.
If you have been involved in a hit-and-run car accident, consider doing the following:
- Try to get the suspect’s license plate number, if possible. If not, record other information, such as the make, year, and color of the car.
- Call the police and report the incident immediately, and provide them the license plate number if you have it.
- Take pictures to document any evidence, such as time, location, and damages.
- Complete an incident report with any available witnesses.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Enlist in the help of a member of our legal team.
Contact Our Reno Car Accident Attorneys Today
At Fahrendorf, Viloria, Oliphant & Oster L.L.P., our Reno car accident lawyers are dedicated to advocating on behalf of our clients in the event of a collision. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries or damages as a result of another’s negligence, look no further than our firm. Our dedicated legal team will work tirelessly to ensure you are informed and protected throughout the entire process.We are experienced in pursuing justice on behalf of our personal injury clients as well, obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm by calling us today at (775) 284-8888.