Reno Car Accident Lawyers
We've Secured Millions of Dollars in Compensation Since 1998
When you choose Fahrendorf, Viloria, Oliphant & Oster L.L.P. to represent you after a car accident, you can count on working with an actual lawyer, not a paralegal. Our Reno car accident attorneys have decades of combined experience and a commitment to providing world-class client service. As a result, we have become known as a top-quality firm that is able to take on the most complex cases and the largest opponents.
We handle all types of auto accident cases, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Drunk driving accidents
- Texting & other distracting behaviors while driving
- Aggressive driving accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Turning into the wrong lane
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Other types of negligence
Get a free consultation by calling (775) 284-8888 today.
Since 1998, our firm has secured sizeable results for our clients, all of whom were facing massive expenses and severe injuries. Our work has earned us numerous awards and accolades in the legal community, but our most important goal has been helping our clients move forward with their lives. Our Reno car accident attorneys relentlessly fight for your maximum recovery under the law.
- Why choose Fahrendorf, Viloria, Oliphant & Oster L.L.P.?
- Millions recovered for the injured
- Our firm serves Spanish-speaking clients
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Over a century of combined trial experience
- Included in Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America
- No fees unless we win your case
How to Claim Car Accident Injury
Every victim of a car accident has the right to file a personal injury suit against the driver who caused the collision. It is important for victims to remember that in order for a claim to hold true, they must be able to prove the following components of a car crash claim:
- Duty of Care. Each motorist has the duty to operate their car or vehicle in a safe manner in order to protect other individuals and their property. So then, motorists are expected to abide by speed limits, traffic signs, traffic laws, turn signals, and other things put in place to safeguard other roadway users.
- Breach of Duty of Care. A victim filing a personal injury claim must first prove that the at-fault motorist breached his or her duty of care, causing the vehicle collision. Often, these breaches of duty result in injured pedestrians, motorists, and cyclists. Minor breaches of duty of care can result in severe collisions. More egregious breaches, such as reckless driving, drunk driving, and running red lights can cause catastrophic and, in the worst cases, fatal injuries. In some cases, an at-fault driver can be criminally punished.
- Causation. Next, the victim must prove that the motorist’s breach of duty directly caused his or her injuries. Causation can be considered cause-in-fact or proximate. Causation is considered cause-in-fact when the breach is a direct cause of the victim’s injuries. Causation is considered proximate when the breach does not directly cause the injury, but the injuries would not have occurred if the breach never occurred.
Medical Payment Coverage: Leaving More Money in Your Pocket
If you have medical payment coverage on your own auto policy, it is important to exhaust this coverage first. If you are in a car accident and your health insurance pays for your medical bills, we will have to reimburse your health insurance out of your settlement. However, we do not have to reimburse your auto insurance company for the money it pays toward your bills.
If You Cannot Afford Treatment, We Can Help
Sometimes clients don't have insurance or the ability to pay for medical treatment at all. In such cases, we work with physicians, psychologists, and other medical professionals who will treat clients on a lien basis. In other words, we can often arrange for you to be seen and treated by a doctor who will agree to be paid out of your personal injury settlement money.
With our contingency fee arrangement, our firm takes no fee unless your win your case, so there are no out-of-pocket costs to worry about. If you’ve been severely injured in a car accident, let our attorneys hold those at fault responsible and help you get the care you need. You cannot take back your injuries, but you can take back your future.
Reno Car Accident Attorneys Serving Carson City, Sparks & Northern Nevada
Whether you were sideswiped by a drunk driver or rear-ended by a texting teen, contact Fahrendorf, Viloria, Oliphant & Oster L.L.P. or call our Reno office at (775) 284-8888 for a free case evaluation.