Anyone who has been in a serious car accident or truck accident will tell you that it brings your life to a halt. On top of your physical and emotional injuries, there is an intense financial squeeze of expensive medical bills versus lost wages because your ability to work has been impacted.
Nevada allows for victims to pursue various types of damages against people or companies whose negligence or wrongful act has caused them injury. This includes seeking compensation for all of the medical expenses that stem from the injury.
Keeping Track Your Medical Expenses
At Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman, L.L.P., our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered millions of dollars in damages on behalf of our clients. In seeking maximum compensation through negotiations with insurance companies or via contested jury trials, we pride ourselves in our preparation.
When recovering damages for medical expenses, we want to be as comprehensive as possible. We, therefore, ask our clients to work with us in keeping track of their medical expenses in the following manner.
- Keep a running list or spreadsheet of everything you have paid for medical care.
- Creating and organizing a folder or box to hold all of your records.
- Keep all of your bills and receipts from medical providers.
- Keep all of your credit card and banking statements and highlight every medical expense.
- Get all of your Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) from your health insurance provider. These list the total amount of your medical bills that were charged by medical providers, and will also ensure that your attorney knows every provider that has given you care.
Keeping track of this information allows your attorney to understand the value of your claim. It also gives your attorney a roadmap of your medical providers, which will help gather evidence to build your strongest case.
Personal Injury Attorneys, Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P.
If you have been the victim of a truck accident or car accident, a lawyer can help you understand your legal rights. Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman, L.L.P. is a small-sized personal injury law firm that gets big results. Our attorneys are smart, proven advocates who have obtained millions of dollars in damages for our clients. We understand the value of your claim and will help you pursue maximum compensation. Call Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. today at (775) 227-2280 to schedule a free case consultation or contact our office through our website.