Top

Reno, NV - Bicyclist Hurt in Crash on Old Virginia Rd

Reno, NV - Bicyclist Hurt in Crash on Old Virginia Rd

Reno, NV (May 14, 2024) - On Monday, May 13, a bicyclist was injured after a collision in the Reno area. The accident was reported at the 11500 block of Old Virginia Road early that morning around 9:18 a.m. Emergency crews were rushed to the scene to provide aid to the involved parties.

Local reports revealed that the victim was riding a bike when they were hit by an oncoming motor vehicle. The injured rider was treated at the scene before being transported to a local hospital by ambulance for the treatment of life-threatening injuries. The driver involved remained at the scene and cooperated with responding officials. No other information on the accident is currently available. An ongoing investigation into the cause of the crash is being handled by local law enforcement officials.

Our thoughts are with the injured victim and their family at this time. We hope for a full recovery.

Bicycle Accidents in Nevada

Riding a bike is a great way to get around and enjoy a beautiful day. Unfortunately, it can leave you quite exposed in the event of a serious collision. Roughly 490 bicycle accidents are reported in Las Vegas alone each year, and data indicates that 82.7 percent of bicycle accidents in the state happen in Clark County. The remaining 17.3 percent of bicycle accidents take place in Carson City, Nye County, and Washoe County. According to statistics, men over the age of 20 account for over 84 percent of bicycle-related fatalities, and nearly 75 percent of these crashes occur in urban areas. If you or someone close to you is hurt in a bicycle accident, you may be able to pursue a claim for compensation with the help of a trained lawyer.

Getting your life back on track after a major bicycle accident can be challenging. If you bike in Nevada, you have to be mindful of your surroundings because far too many drivers in the state cause serious accidents that can change lives. Cyclists are known to sustain potentially fatal injuries in collisions, and the resulting damages are frequently far larger than in typical crashes. This means that life can become very difficult after a bike crash, and it is always in your best interests to work closely with a qualified lawyer during this difficult time.

Being hurt as a cyclist is never easy. You will likely incur significant injuries and other damages that you are not ready to handle on your own. Only a competent Reno personal injury lawyer will be prepared to get you the full recovery you are owed during this difficult time. We can be by your side at every stage of your recovery to fight for your legal rights. Contact the offices of Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. to get started on your case. You can reach us today at 775-227-2280 to take action on your recovery. When you work with our skilled legal team, you will know that your case is in good hands at every stage of your case.

Notes: The content presented in these posts by Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. is compiled using external sources. These sources range from news reports and police accident records reports, social media updates, and firsthand accounts of serious crashes in Northern and Southern Nevada. Our writing team has not independently verified this information. Should you encounter any inaccuracies in our posts, we encourage you to inform our firm immediately. We are committed to maintaining the highest level of accuracy and will promptly update the post with the most accurate information available. Additionally, if you wish for a post to be removed, please let us know, and we will ensure its timely removal.

Disclaimers: Our intention in sharing information about serious accidents is to raise awareness about the risks associated with driving. We hope that this awareness encourages our fellow community members to exercise greater caution, thereby reducing the likelihood of accidents and injuries. This is not intended to be a business solicitation. The information provided in this post is not legal or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual accident scene.

Categories: 
Related Posts
  • Reno, NV - Mill St & Virginia St Crash Ends in Injuries Read More
  • Reno, NV - Car Wreck on McCarran Blvd Results in Injuries Read More
  • Reno, NV - Injuries in Car Accident on 4th St Read More
/