Motorcycle Accident Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

After being injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s likely that you have a great deal of questions about your legal options for financial compensation. On this page. we’ll provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we get asked.

  1. Should I call the police after my motorcycle accident? Yes, you always want a police report if you plan on pursuing a personal injury claim. The investigation and the report will be a crucial piece of evidence. Without that, an insurance company may reduce or deny your claim.
  2. What information should I collect from the other driver(s)? Write down their license plate number, full name, address, phone number, insurance policy number and driver’s license number.
  3. Should I seek medical attention even if I feel fine? Yes, you could have a serious injury and not know it yet, because symptoms may not arise until days or weeks later, such as with concussions. It also provides documentation of your injuries for your claim.
  4. What should I tell my insurance? While you need to contact them about your accident, don’t say too much. Anything you say may be used against you to reduce or deny your claim.
  5. Should I accept an offer to settle? Always be cautious of a quick settlement because you may need more money than you think for medical bills, future treatment, lost wages and pain and suffering. With the help of an attorney, you can negotiate a better settlement, especially because insurance companies tend to make lowball offers soon after an accident.
  6. Will I still get money if I didn’t wear a helmet? Unless your failure to wear a helmet worsened your injuries, you will still be able to seek medical compensation. However, your settlement may be lower than if you were wearing a helmet.
  7. How long will it take to complete my case. Some cases take months to resolve, while others can take years. Factors such as the severity of your injuries, liability, and insurance companies can play a role in how long your case takes.
  8. Do I need an attorney? Insurance companies are not on your side, but a lawyer is, and they can help you recover the compensation you not only need, but deserve. In addition, there are statute of limitations and tons of paperwork and evidence that may need to get processed, which an attorney can do for you while you recover from your injuries.

If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident, contact our the Reno personal injury attorneys at Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. Call (775) 227-2280 or contact us online today.

Related Posts
  • Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit Read More
  • The Role of Expert Witnesses in Personal Injury Cases Read More
  • Why Insurance Companies Want to Settle Read More