If you have suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s negligence, it has probably crossed your mind that a lawyer can really help your fight for financial recovery. You’ve seen ads your whole life for personal injury lawyers, but may be under an impression that a lawyer is too expensive, or you don’t have any money to pay a lawyer right now. We want to explain to you how contingency fees work and can provide you access to a personal injury lawyer right now.
Personal Injuries Leave You In a Financial Hole
If someone has seriously injured you, it is likely that this unforeseen event has also caused you a big financial hit. This comes in some combination of the following:
- Medical expenses—an ambulance, emergency medical care, MRI’s, medical procedures, continued care, physical therapy, medication. Even if you have insurance, these can be back-breaking
- Lost wages—you miss work and cannot bring in money to support your family and pay your
- Lost property—if you were in a car wreck, you may have lost your car. Even if your insurance covers the market value of your car, this does little to help you get into a new car or to pay off the loan on your
The combination of these expenses and losses can drain your savings and push you into insurmountable debt. So although you know a lawyer could help you, you may fear that you don’t have the money to pay for one.
How Contingency Fees Work
At Viloria, Oliphant, Oster, & Aman L.L.P., we understand the heavy emotional and financial tolls that a serious injury can levy on you. We believe that you should have access to legal representation, even if you don’t have any money to pay us up front. This is why we handle personal injury representation based on a “contingency fee arrangement”.
These are formal written agreements between an attorney and a client where a client only pays fees to the attorney contingent upon a successful resolution to their claim. In other words, clients pay nothing up front.
- There is a successful resolution to your claim via an agreement or trial and the attorney gets a previously agreed-upon percentage of the amount recovered and expenses; or
- There is no successful resolution via negotiation or trial, no attorney’s fees are
Why would an attorney enter into such an agreement? Because we are confident in our abilities to successfully resolve claims and motivated to maximize your recovery.
Trust Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. to Fight for You
Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman, L.L.P. provides a wide array of legal services to individuals, including personal injury representation. If you have been injured due to another person’s negligence, we understand that you are under incredible financial strain. We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don’t pay anything up front and only get paid if your claim is settled. Our attorneys are effective, confident, and motivated to fight for your. Call Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. today at (775) 227-2280 to schedule a consultation or contact our office through our website.