When you have been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, you have a legal right to seek compensation from that driver. Unless you choose to work with a personal injury attorney, you will have to try to work out a settlement yourself with their insurance company. This plays right into the hands of insurance companies and may put you at a significant disadvantage.
Speak with a Personal Injury Attorney First
We highly recommend that you at least consult with a personal injury attorney before speaking with the insurance company. You have a right to use a personal injury attorney to pursue a personal injury claim. The insurance company doesn’t want you to know this and does not like it when attorneys get involved. Why?
- They are businesses that are focused on profit and would gladly give you nothing for your injuries. They have no interest in protecting you or your legal or financial interests.
- Insurance companies count on a victim’s inexperience, desperation for money to pay their medical bills, and lack of knowledge to take advantage of an unrepresented injured driver. Insurance companies would much rather negotiate with victims directly than with attorneys.
- A personal injury attorney knows the law. A victim who has suffered an injury can seek various types of damages against those at fault. We can provide a thorough analysis of your accident and injuries to identify which damages you should pursue.
- A personal injury attorney understands the value of your claim and can pursue maximum compensation for you. Insurance companies know that they have a better chance of paying out less money when a victim does not have an attorney.
- Insurance companies hate the possibility of a lawsuit and a trial, as this exposes them to unpredictable risk and potential high awards for damages. They know that a personal injury attorney is willing and able to bring a case before a jury. This makes them more likely to offer higher settlements than if a victim tries to directly negotiate a settlement.
Let the Personal Injury Attorneys at Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. Help
If another driver has seriously injured you in a car accident, you should speak with a personal injury attorney. Based on your injuries, you may have a claim for damages, and an experienced attorney can help you determine the value of your claim. The attorneys at Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman, L.L.P. want to help you. We are smary, proven fighters. Call us today at (775) 227-2280 to schedule a free case consultation or contact our office through our website.