A truck accident or car accident can alter the course of your life in an instant. The negligent or reckless act of another can quickly alter the stability you had in your career, your financial security, and your health—which all unexpectedly hang in the balance. While you want nothing more than to continue with your life as if it didn’t happen, your injuries prevent you from doing so.
Personal Injury Damages Designed to Compensate You
Personal injury laws allow victims to seek damages against people and companies whose negligence or recklessness caused their injuries. But to be clear, no amount of money can undo the damage that a negligent person or company has inflicted on you. You have been harmed, your life has been made worse, and you have suffered physical, emotional, and financial turmoil as a result of their conduct.
Personal injury damages are not meant to undo a victim’s injuries. Rather, it is meant to financially compensate a victim based on the numerous harms that he or she has suffered, including:
- Medical expenses. These are not limited to emergency hospital bills but include all medical expenditures that you have had to make as a result of the injury caused by the negligent party.
- Lost wages and lost potential earnings. From missed work to the inability to work, a serious injury has great potential to reduce or eliminate your ability to earn a living.
- Pain and suffering. This compensates you for the pain you have endured resulting from your injury which may be significant based on the extent of your injuries and length of recovery.
- Loss of consortium. Your spouse also suffers when you become seriously injured, and can simultaneously seek damages for his or her relational losses—like companionship and intimacy.
- Loss of use. If there are activities that you can no longer do as a result of your injuries, you can pursue damages for those losses.
At Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman, L.L.P., our personal injury attorneys have seen the devastating impact that truck and car accidents have on victims’ lives. We understand that damages are not only about money, but about putting our clients on a path to restoring their lives by allowing them to focus on their emotional, physical, and financial recovery.
Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. Will Fight for You
If you have been the victim of a car or truck accident, you have significant legal rights. Let the personal injury attorneys at Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman, L.L.P. fight for you. We are driven to help our clients move forward by pursuing maximum compensation and have recovered millions of dollars in damages on their behalf. Call Viloria, Oliphant, Oster & Aman L.L.P. today at (775) 227-2280 to schedule a free case consultation or contact our office through our website.